BIG DATA MINING PLATFORM
Big Data is a new generation of technologies designed to extract economic value and intelligence from massive volumes of a spread type of data, with a high speed recollection, discovery and analysis. It has been the buzzword used in conjunction with just about every technology issue imaginable.
- Characteristics of Big Data's three Vs:
- High-Volume: The benefit gained from the ability to process large amounts of information is the main attraction of Big Data analytics.
- High-Velocity: Fast moving data (streaming data) requires real-time processing.
- High-Variety: Diverse source data: structured and unstructured; text, image, video, sensors, etc.
Handling the increased 'V's of Big Data imposes new challenges in data storage, processing, analytics, and interactive exploration. It requires a fundamental shift in the makeup of the platform required to capture, store, and analyze the data. It also needs cost-effective, innovative forms of information processing for enhanced insight and decision making.
- A platform that is capable of handling Big Data successfully requires
- A mix of structured data-handling relational databases (variety).
- Unstructured data-handling NoSQL databases (variety).
- Caching solutions (velocity).
- Map reducing Hadoop-style tools (volume)
The infrastructure of GOTI's Big Data platform is built by integrating following tools: Apache Hadoop, Apache HBase, Apache Hive, Apache HCatalog, Apache Storm, Apache Pig, Apache Mahout, and GOTI's Trust-Tech optimization engine and TrustMiner data mining front-end.
In order to extract big values from Big Data, strong and optimal analytics capabilities is a necessity. Constructing optimal analytical models involved in data mining, such as artificial neural networks (ANN), support vector machine (SVM), clustering, and regression models, is essentially an optimization task. Therefore, optimization technology plays a very important role in building optimal analytical models for effective data mining.
GOTI's Big Data solution can reach the optimal actionable analytics using the optimal analytical models that are constructed taking full advantage of GOTI's advanced TRUST-TECH optimization platform. In GOTI's data mining platform, the underlying optimization problems of different types in constructing optimal analytical models for optimal actionable analytics are effectively solved using TRUST-TECH guided or enhanced optimization methods.
In this regard, GOTI's goal is to provide optimal analytical models for extracting knowledge from structured and unstructured data for better solutions to complex problems.